Saturday, November 25, 2017

Week 10 Blog

This weeks topic for the blog is Fathers and Finances, throughout this week I have learned a lot about the role of fatherhood and how that can play a huge role in life. I have been contemplating a lot of the role of being a father and eventually getting the chance to raise kids with my sweet wife. This department of children has been a really difficult part for my wife and I, we have been through many challenges and complications with children and pregnancies. There have been many tears shed about this particular topic, it has been a very difficult time with my wife getting and staying pregnant, she has had 3 or so miscarriages and it has been a really tough time with all of this going on in life among other things. We both want to have children and have the opportunity to be parents to those children, it has brought us a lot of heartache during these trying times. We have tried a few less expensive options to eventually conceive a child and become pregnant but it seems that neither of these options have worked and we have been really desperate and will continue to try other things to make it happen. There are a lot of inexpensive options for having a child but there are also a lot of the more expensive options too. It is a good thing that there are other ways of having children through modern medicine or adoption, so there are many ways for a couple to have the experience of raising a child together and going through all of these times together as a father and mother.

Another thing that a lot of families struggle with throughout their marriage and life, that thing is the concept of finances and having enough for your needs. Finances is a big part of a families priorities and can sometimes become a hard thing to go through or even sometimes it can be hard to talk about and discuss. It can be a very sensitive subject and there are those that cannot handle the stress and thoughts that even talking about it can bring. This topic can bring about much stress and heartache, finances is one of those things that no one likes or enjoys talking about, it can bring about a lot of hard or awkward conversations that no one wants to bring us or discuss. For my wife and I, finances has been one of those things that has brought us a lot of troubling discussions and has caused a lot of fights, it has brought to us a lot of thoughts and feelings that we do not like to talk about. We had the opportunity to be a part of the LDS church's self- reliance program and the class that we took part in was the Personal Finance Class. This class started out pretty rough for me because I didn't like to talk about finances and part of this class was reporting what we did throughout that week and how we did our commitments and the tings that we learned from them throughout this week. The whole talking about finances thing was really hard to me and I was very uncomfortable with this whole topic. During this class, I learned a lot of things about myself and others, hearing the successes about others gave me the opportunity to take my finances more seriously and put all of these things I learned to the test and find out these things with my wife. This class gave me the opportunity to develop a budget and learn how to budget my money, this was an essential pat of my life because I had a really hard time with the budgeting and it gave me the chance to learn how to budget and become better with finances.

While learning about Fatherhood and Finances this week, it has allowed me the opportunity to learn more about these topics and gave me the chance to further develop my knowledge of these topics and allowed me the opportunity to learn more about these topics and apply them to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment