Saturday, December 2, 2017

Week 11 Blog

Throughout this week in class, we have been discussing the topic of Parenting. For myself, not being a parent yet, I can’t really relate to this topic but I have been around and worked with kids for a lot of years. Parenting can be a really tough subject for some and can be easy for others, there is not really a good way to be a parent, every parent is different and there is not a specific way to have and raise a child, every child is different and they all have their own mannerisms and ways they do things. There are many ways to be a parent and everyone has their way to be one, parenting can sometimes require a lot of changing of plans, things always happen and you never know when they will happen and what order they will occur in. There are a lot of people out there that think that their way of parenting is the best way and that they have all the answers to any question that may arise but the one thing that these particular people don’t understand is that nobody is perfect and everyone has their way to go about things.

For me, I was raised by really great parents and they taught me all of the things that I need to know to become a parent one day. Becoming a parent has been a rather rough thing for us, my wife and I have had a really hard time with the whole making a child thing and it has been really difficult with all the babies being born and blessed during church. In the LDS church, there are many that kind of rush into marriage and the whole parenting thing and they don’t really know how a lot of those things work. Parenting isn’t just something that you can rush into, it takes a lot of time and planning. There are a lot of those around that think that parenting is something that is easy and that anyone can do but the truth is that being a parent is hard and it is something that you cannot jump into.

I have learned a lot about parenting and being a parent from my own parents, they are the best examples of what a parent should and can be like. There taught me a lot of things in my life and I have learned a lot from them and all that they have instilled in me throughout my life. I have taken a lot from them and has used these things in my life, everything I have learned from them has made me the man I am today. I owe a debt of gratitude to them and all they have done and will do for me. They are the best parents in the world and I owe them so much for putting up with me during my life. I am the man I am today because of everything they have done for me, the lessons they have taught me and the vitals skills that they have passed onto me.

During this week, I have been thinking a lot about how much of a gift being a parent is and the opportunity that we each have to raise a child with our spouse or significant others. We have a very special mission on this Earth and that is to raise future generations and passed onto them the many things that have been passed onto us. It is a very important task and responsibility that our Father has entrusted us and it is the most sacred thing that we can be a part of while on this Earth and it is a very important part of the plan of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment